Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Pick up that pace!

I was telling my fellow Daily Milers (dailymile.com) earlier today that my average pace each month is getting faster then the previous month... And I thought I should share.

Here are my totals to date (copied right from my DM account)


December (just getting back into running more, after post wedding and honeymoon mayhem): 75 miles, 8:06 average pace
January: 151.5 miles, 7:52 average pace
February: 200 miles, 7:45 average pace

And today I was able to finish up my 12 mile run with an easy 7:07 mile. I could feel that I was going quick, but it felt effortless, and to be honest, pretty fantastic! Don't get me wrong, I run my tempo runs faster (and duh, longer then a mile), but the ease of that last mile was such wonderful reassurance about the progress of my training.

I can also proudly (and with no regret) say that after my run I ate a Boston Cream Doughnut in about 2 seconds flat... hmmm... Why did I order a Boston Cream? I've never done that before... Maybe I was subconsciously thinking about a little race I'm running in April...

2 comments:

  1. Superb! You're going to rock Boston!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Speedy but don't just look at that avg pace. Don't forget about all of the other variables involved, like terrain and weather conditions. I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but.................... HA

    ReplyDelete